Are you an employer looking to hire?
Hastings County Ontario Works is "Your Connection to Employment"
Are you a looking for a job?
Ontario Works can give you practical help to prepare for and find a job by:
- working with you to determine what you need to become employed, and
- helping you develop a plan based on your skills, experience and circumstances.
Here are some examples of the kinds of services we provide to help you find a job:
- workshops on looking for work, résumé writing, and preparing for an interview
- referrals to job counselling or training programs
- information on who's hiring
- access to basic education
- access to telephones, faxes, computers and job banks.
To be eligible for Ontario Works, you must take part in activities that will help you find a job. These are called employment assistance activities.
To receive Ontario Works, you have to sign a Participation Agreement. This agreement sets out the employment assistance activities that you will do to find work and/or improve your skills.