Tips for Successfully Participating in #HastingsBizChat on Twitter + Facebook
1. Stay Organized
- Use Hootsuite to easily follow streams for @HastingsCounty tweets/posts and #HastingsBizChat, as well as mentions of @HastingsCounty
- You can also use TweetChat.com to track #HastingsBizChat and also post directly. If you use this website, be sure to enable “Show Retweets” under “Room Settings”, and also select “Disable Buffer”
2. How to Answer Questions
- Over the course of the hour, we'll post questions related to the chosen topic for the chat
- You can respond to the questions in two ways: (1) on Facebook by replying as a comment to the question, and (2) on Twitter by replying to the tweet.
3. Ensure Your Message is Seen on Twitter
- Make sure to include #HastingsBizChat in all of your tweets
- When responding to a question, be sure to start with the letter "A" followed by the corresponding number for the question you are responding to. For example, for Q1 you'd respond with A1, and so on.
- If you’re replying to tweets and starting your message with “@”, your reply will not be seen publicly. When replying to tweets, put a “.” or part of the message before the twitter handle you’re replying to for it to be seen, i.e. “.@HastingsCounty my favourite part of having my business at home is....
- Tag other businesses and organizations, and @HastingsCounty, to increase your reach
4. Follow Twitter Etiquette
- Promote what you have to offer, but try not to make it too much of a sales pitch
- Answer questions and respond to people who tweet at you
5. Keep the Conversation Going
- Just because #HastingsBizChat is scheduled for an hour, doesn’t mean your conversation has to stop …
- Don’t forget, Hastings County’s Economic Development office actively promotes that working and living in our region has more benefits than working the city. Stay a part of the conversation by sharing your #ileftthecity moments with us on Twitter and Instagram!
Here's what we've talked about in previous Twitter Chats: