Cycle Tourism Readiness & Certification Workshop
- Event Time
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018 (10:00 am to 1:30 pm)
1 Manor Ln, Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0
Hosted by the NHEDC and facilitated by Ontario by Bike, this FREE workshop will arm local businesses with the knowledge and best practices to welcome the cycle tourist. The information presented will assist businesses with the planning of best in class experiences for visiting and local cyclists and the delivery of exceptional services at locations that are certified as bicycle friendly. The cycle ready certification also helps businesses tap into Ontario's growing cycle tourism market and reach the increasing number of visitors who participate in cycling activities across the province.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn:
1. What is cycle tourism and who are cycle tourists.
2. Being a 'Bicycle Friendly Business'.
3. Ontario by Bike Network and its benefits.
4. Getting into the mindset of the cycle tourist; planning a 2 day trip.
5. Uncovering new business opportunities.
6. Health benefits and Bancroft's local cycle club.
Who should attend: business owners, managers and employees, business association leaders, municipal staff and councillors.
Special Guest Speaker: Dr. Greg Cooper, Bancroft Family Health Team
Cost: Free! Light lunch included.
Return to Calendar