The Hastings County Economic & Tourism Development office is dedicated to implementing the Hastings County Tourism Master Plan, which assessed our competitive tourism advantage and provides recommendations on how our County can become a destination of choice.
What are the objectives? We are working hard to increase the number of annual visitors to Hastings County and increase the average visitor's spending to grow tourism receipts.
Below is a list of our priorities:
- lead and facilitate destination development in Hastings County by collaborating with member municipalities, industry and government partners to improve identified key tourism assets;
- assist in the development of distinctive tourism experiences aimed for identified target markets;
- facilitate on-going industry-wide tourism training;
- increase the profile and connectedness of the tourism industry, as well as increase awareness of the importance of tourism; and
- represent the tourism industry and support collaboration and partnerships amongst various tourism development and marketing partners within Hastings County
Why is tourism development important?
- Hastings County attracts over 2.58 million visitors annually;
- Total spending each year by visitors is estimated over $260 million:
- Over $150 million in direct, indirect and induced contributions to Gross Domestic Product;
- About $80 million in labour income and salaries;
- And close to 2,500 part-time, full-time and seasonal jobs;
- Over 340 businesses in Hastings County are directly involved in the tourism industry, and close to 100 businesses are indirectly impacted by tourism activities and spending;
- Tourism is a vital component of our local economies.
Learn more through our visitor information infographics
Want to stay up to date on what's happening in Hastings County tourism?
Subscribe for our newsletter and never miss out on an update again!