Meet our local artisans through the Arts Route ...
The Arts Route directs you to artisans, galleries and theatres across Hastings County. It make it easier for you to find the artisans and begins to brand Hastings County as being creative that it is. The Arts Route creates a trail of discovery to painters, potters, jewelry makers, photographers, performing arts, and other creative people.
Travel the Arts Route at your leisure, enjoying beautiful local artwork. Satisfy your creative side by purchasing a creation direct from the artist who made it and make a memorable experience that connects you to Hastings County.
Tour our online interactive map that showcases the many artisans across Hastings County and can help you plan your journey along the route.
Stories featuring our local artisans
Arts Route Membership
We understand the importance of supporting and celebrating our arts and culture. It is key to our quality of place and celebrating our place will attract more tourists, dollars and investment to our local economy. That’s why we promote local artisans on our award winning Arts Route. And it is through the Arts Route that we can begin to brand Hastings County as being the creative place that it is.
By supporting our rich cultural heritage, showcasing our unique identities and celebrating our cultural and entertainment amenities, we will become an even more attractive place for people visit and live, and investment will follow. Learn more about our cultural plan.
With financial support from Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) in Bancroft and Trenval Business Development Corporation in the Quinte Region, we have developed the Arts Route.
Artisans and arts organizations can have their venues featured on the route. An online interactive map was developed to make it easier for people to find the artisans and navigate around Hastings County.
- Member profile listed on the online interactive map,
- A window cling featuring the Arts Route logo to display at your gallery/storefront,
- A high-resolution Arts Route logo file to use on your own marketing materials, including your website, brochures, social media, etc.,
- Rack cards to promote the Arts Route, and
- Promotion of members' profiles as featured articles on Hastings County's blog and marketed through our social media channels.
There is no fee/cost to be a member of the Arts Route, but there are requirements that businesses/organizations must meet in order to be accepted as a member.
Criteria to Participate:
- Offer a tangible tourist experience primarily derived from original and authentic work of local visual and professional performing artists and artisans including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, pottery, jewellery, photography, glass, ceramics, weaving, blacksmithing, tapestry, carving and live theatre.
- Must be a business located within Hastings County, including the Cities of Belleville & Quinte West.
- Be market-ready:
- Provide accessibility to washrooms within walking distance,
- Signage (clear signage of name of studio/artist/business),
- Parking within walking distance,
- Healthy and safe environment,
- If business has a web presence (i.e. website, blog, social media), it must link to the Arts Route webpage from the business site,
- Post consistent hours of operation and adhere to them; advertising "by appointment only" is acceptable,
- Be open for at least six (6) consecutive months in a year or more, and
- Proof of liability insurance for $2 million coverage.
Interested in becoming a member? Complete the online application form and upon completion, you will receive an email from Kasey Rogerson, Tourism Development Coordinator, to confirm your application. If you have any questions about the Arts Route, please contact Kasey Rogerson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-966-6712 x4012.